What is Virtual Education
1. Courses taught entirely online, where physical distance between teacher and student is immaterial.
2. A form of education which is outside the classroom or partially outside the classroom that is based on taking advantage of the telematic potential of the Internet to carry out formal or other types of education, by means of learning activities supported by virtual learning environments.
3. It includes aspects of both online and e-learning but goes somewhat further. While it is largely web-centric it does not necessarily limit itself to learners outside a conventional classroom. It uses multimedia and, besides delivering content, also enables a high level of interaction among learners, content, teachers, peers and administration both synchronously and asynchronously.
4. A distance education system that has the virtue to improve the learning process exclusively using new information and communication technologies.
5. Virtual education refers to instruction in a learning environment where teacher and student are separated by time or space, or both, and the teacher provides course content through course management applications, multimedia resources, the Internet, videoconferencing, etc. Students receive the content and communicate with the teacher via the same technologies.